Ok we got to be clever with these Grade 4 (9yrs old). Out of a class of 40 we worked with the teacher & 20 students over 2 periods (total 1hr).
Here’s their lesson plan:
‘Leopard is tricked’
This is a short story about how Leopard was to trick Goat but in turn Goat tricks Leopard. The aim of using the story was to get the students to understand…
We put an audio file of Leopard is tricked, pictures of leopards and goats and some multi-choice questions.
- On the phone, open the following files
- The pictures of the leopard and goat families.
- Listen to the story of Leopard and Goat in pairs
- The word document ‘Leopard and Goat questions. Answer the questions about the story of Leopard and Goat.
- On the phone, open the following ‘Riddles’ document and figure out each of the riddles.
- For homework, write your own riddle poem. On one side write your riddle and on the other draw a picture of your answer.
- You can then in class type you riddle onto a word document on the phone and take a photo of the answer.
- Pass your riddle onto friends.
Think you can work out riddles….this one’s an easy one for ya
Boats sail on the rivers,
And ships sail on the seas;
There are bridges on the rivers,
As pretty as you please;
But the colorful bow that bridges heaven,
And overtops the trees,
And builds a road from earth to sky
Is prettier far than these.
Feedback from Tumi Khuzwayo, Grade 4 Head of English Dept